Insurance provides protection and peace-of-mind in the event of an unexpected circumstance. Depending on where you live, there are different types of insurance policies available to cover every aspect of your life.
Types of Insurance
Health insurance provides protection and financial assistance for medical and healthcare needs. This type of insurance helps to protect against financial risk by covering some or all of the costs associated with healthcare. Typical health insurance plans include:
- Major Medical – A comprehensive policy that covers most medical expenses, including doctor visits, hospital bills and prescription drugs
- Supplemental Health Insurance – A policy that provides extra coverage for medical expenses
- Short-Term Health Insurance – A policy designed to cover an individual for a limited period of time
Life insurance provides financial protection for your family in the event of your death. A life insurance policy will pay out a lump sum of money to your beneficiaries upon your death.
Types of life insurance policies include:
- Term Life – A policy for a specified period of time with options for renewal or conversion
- Whole Life – A policy that can cover you for your entire life
- Universal Life – A policy that accumulates a cash value with some flexibility on premiums and death benefits
Auto insurance provides financial protection in case of an accident or theft. It covers costs associated with damages to your vehicle, medical costs and property damage. Types of auto insurance vary by state, but typically include:
- Liability – coverage for property damage and/or bodily injury caused to another party
- Collision – coverage for damages to your vehicle caused by a collision with another object
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – coverage for costs associated with an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist
Homeowner’s insurance provides financial protection in the case of an unforeseen event such as fire, theft, or storm damage. It typically covers the structure of the home, its contents as well as liability protection.
Common types of homeowner’s insurance policies include:
- Standard – a policy that covers typical risks associated with owning a home
- Replacement cost coverage – a policy that covers the full replacement cost of any property damaged by a covered peril
- Renters Insurance – a policy that provides financial protection for individuals renting a home or apartment
Insurance provides financial protection in the event of an unforeseen event. Different types of insurance are available to cover every aspect of your life. It is important to understand your coverage options and select the policy that best suits your needs.